Nature in our Gardens
I believe that a well-designed garden should have year-round appeal, and also that it should integrate into the local environment through a careful selection of plantings and features. I like to use a balance of native and ornamental plantings in my designs, so they are beautiful to our eyes but also attractive to birds, butterflies, and other pollinators without attracting unwanted visitors.
Sustainable Gardening Resources:
Below are some excellent sites that discuss sustainable landscaping and green living techniques. Visionscapes NW is very committed to these concepts and I strive to make all of my design projects beautiful and functional while creating the smallest possible footprint on the land.
- Plant Native
- Oregon Metro
- Audubon Portland Backyard Habitat Program
- Xerces Society
- International Dark-Sky Association
- Oregon State Beekeepers Swarm Call List
Gallery of Native and Pollinator-friendly plants:
Other Garden Resources:
- Great Plant Picks: A website devoted to best plant choices for the Pacific Northwest
- Rainy Side Gardeners
- "8 Fast & Easy Ways to Create Curb Appeal for Your Home"